View Single Post
Old 02-24-13, 09:25 PM   #215
razark
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
But a redesignation doesn't change the nature of the beast. That's like saying the Huff-Daland XB-1 of 1927 and the Rockwell B-1 of 1974 are the same aircraft.
Well, the pictures look kinda the same, if I don't look too closely, or I turn my monitor off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealhead View Post
That is why most people choose to use A-26 or A/B-26 when referring to the Invader and B-26 when referring to the Marauder.Steve is correct the B-26 Marauder and the A-26 Invader are completely different aircraft.
I know they're different aircraft. The reuse of the "B-26" name is somewhat confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Don't read too much into the similar designations. The military recycles them all the time. After all what does a Garand rifle and an Abrams tank have in common other than they are both "M1's"?
At least there, one is a tank, and one is a rifle, so it's pretty easy to tell from context (likewise with the B-1s pictured). Last year, my dad and I were watching some of the planes from the airshow flying by, and there was a twin engine, single tail medium bomber. We decided that there was a 2/3 chance it was a B-26, because it was either an A-20, A-26, or B-26. I'm not sure if any of those are still flying, but I have trouble telling them apart at a distance.