View Single Post
Old 02-22-13, 02:39 PM   #10
HW3
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Hmmm. Would you believe me if I told you I never noticed that? I looked it up on uboat.net and there seems to be a different one to the system I was using. I was doing each grid divided into nine squares, then (reading left to right, top to bottom) they go 11, 12, 13, 21, 22, 23, 31, 32, 33. If that's the wrong way to do it then I can't remember where I picked it up from. Oh dear. I usually use the ruler to measure my position in the grid (if it's not obviously one of the nine) but now I know about that chart I'll use that. Thanks!
Yes just take for example BE65, divide it into 9 squares and number them from 1 to 9 starting in the upper left corner and working left to right. Take number 3 for example you would now have BE653. To get the final number divide square 3 into 9 squares numbering them like you did square 3. Now you find your target in say square 5, the whole grid reference would be BE6535. Once you have practiced it a little while, you will get to where you can eyeball it really close.

"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is offline   Reply With Quote