View Single Post
Old 02-21-13, 03:20 PM   #27
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
I've played video games, violent and non, for over 25 years and I have never had the urge to go on a shooting spree.
And I've possessed and used firearms for almost twice that time and i've never had the urge to go on a shooting spree either. Yet my own government is trying infringe on my right to keep them. Go figure.

Quote:
The NRA truly wanted to end gun violence while protecting the second amendment, they would lobby for a universal mental healthcare system where anyone with mental health issues could be treated at low to no cost.
As far as I can tell the NRA is the only side in this argument even talking about mental health. To most Democrats privacy concerns outweigh preventing nuts from getting their hands on firearms.

Quote:
Then you'd see random shootings drop, gun owners would be happy that no one would be taking their guns, and we could be past this whole thing.
I'd bet dollars against donuts that even if there weren't any random shootings this administration would still try and disarm the American people.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote