View Single Post
Old 02-21-13, 12:59 AM   #92
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
I hate when you are talking about WW2 Aviation and you bring up the ****e-Wulf.

All the people who can't tell the difference between ****e and (the other word that shall not be mentioned) all gasp until you spell it and explain that it's a fighter plane...

It happened so many times (even in history class when the teacher thought I cussed him out) so I just say Fw-190 Fighter Plane.
In 12th grade we had to write a research paper in English 4 I was assigned to write a comparison/contrast paper so I chose WWII fighter aircraft vs. modern aircraft.The subject aircraft where the Fw190 and the F-16.I had to also present a presentation for the entire class.

This was back in 1994 and the "internets" had a lot less information on it back then so finding something interesting to display was hard to do.I managed to find this VHS tape(I bet you do not even know what that is) that had hours of gun camera footage on it from WWII.I tried my best to explain how they used the technology then and now how pilots used the different systems to shoot an aircraft down.At the end I showed the VHS gun camera footage and another film of a MiG-17 getting hit by a sidewinder the Mig kill was last.When I was done this kid said "that missile kill was boring" he then asked the teacher if we could watch the WWII gun camera tape again.It was much more interesting to my class mates WWII air combat because they realized that only a very small number of pilots had the skill to be truly deadly that and it is cool to watch a plane get torn apart by cannon and machine gun fire.

Did you say fok-a or fok like Fokker?If you said fok with out the er you have it wrong and it does sound close to the word of ill repute.With German names no letters are silent just like Porshe it is not pronounced "Porsh" the E at the end sounds like an a it is the same with F o c k e.If you where pronouncing it correctly then your teacher is probably a pinko commie tree huger and should be ignored. you must make the "e" an "a" like Shaka Zulu.

Last edited by Stealhead; 02-21-13 at 01:14 AM.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote