View Single Post
Old 02-17-13, 06:24 PM   #1461
ryejar333
Watch

Downloads: 134
Uploads: 0

I placed it in, Computer - Drive (C): - Ubisoft - Silent Hunter 5. Which I believe is the correct installation.

I am a newb and only played SH4, so by my mistake I originally placed the file in, Computer - Drive (C):- Silent Hunter 5. Bypassing the Ubisoft folder.
When I played SH4 I used to always place my game files directly on the C: drive. I did not do the recommended install.

One other thing I did differently, was to go through the mods and delete the documentation, as suggested. While doing so I also discovered mod lists inside a single mod. So I extracted the mod lists and only used the ones suggested in Sobers list. For example, New UIs TDC by the Darkwrath has a Mods folder in it. I opened the folder and placed those MOds in my main Mods folder (The one in SH5).
I am sure the things I am describing are elementry at best. But, by doing I have gotten the game to work.

The only problems I have encountered so far is that when using real navigation, the navigator does not place a mark on the map for a fix. The game froze a bit and by hitting esc. it came back up. ALso when doing the tutorial it froze and went to desktop once. However, I disabled the real nav. for first camp. cause i figure I had better learn the basics first before trying to figure where I am, and where I'm going.
It was prob my fault because looking at the text script in New UI, and then looking at the text script in New UI real navigator it looked like the scripts were the same and with the appropriate changes already done to them. So I didn't copy and paste anything.

I am a modding idiot, I just hope this info may help. If I'm screwing things up let me know. TY all.
ryejar333 is offline   Reply With Quote