View Single Post
Old 02-07-13, 12:52 PM   #1764
Ekmek
Mate

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
The Augustus.GR2 file was a great file to decompress and test the app with. It exposed many items that needed fixing/second look and it exposed many problems I didn't know existed in the app Now that I have everything fixed and updated I read in the file and saved the image I read from the file to a new file (to ensure I read everything correctly). Then I had Sentinel give me a report of any broken chains and none were reported. Then I closed the file in the app. I did a compare of the original file to the new file and they were nearly identical (some very slight rounding errors for some of the float values). Granny Viewer was able to open the new GR2 file without problem and the app was able to read the new file without problems also. This means that what I read in from the original file was saved in entirety to the new file

In keeping with the GR2 tradition that the file hates to duplicate items this is what was really causing the app problems (duplicate pointers and duplicate extendeddata). I figured out how to overcome this and everything is fine until I add new data to the file. Then these duplicate pointers get all screwed up. I know why it's happening (my pointer update code is the problem) and now just have to fix this. It's not as easy as it sounds and will take some time to think over the best way to overcome this small problem

Great to hear. I guess the Otto Bismarck GR2 is no different than Augustus?
Ekmek is offline   Reply With Quote