View Single Post
Old 01-10-13, 04:17 PM   #158
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Make sure that the order - "fire at will" is enabled..
Sometimes I had to repeatedly switch from order "fire at will" to order "hold fire"..
And sometimes they didn't open fire for some strange reason..
Yes, ordering battlestations helps as well

Anyway, right now the problem is that even at at close range and with veterancy level set to "elite", my gunner can't score a single hit.

Either crew ranking isn't applied in my custom mission, or a single C/30 mounted on the aft deck (so is equipped the VIIA U-boat that I've picked for the mission) is not very effective with stock settings.

In the circumstances, I think it will be pointless to carry on test #4 and #5. You can download the mission from this link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/25305789...ion%20%231.rar

JSGME ready. Missions settings:

date and hour: 01/01/1940 12:00
clouds: none
fog: none
wind speed: 5 m/s
Wind heading: N

sub veterancy level: elite
sub doctrine: aggressive
aircraft veterancy level: competent
aircraft doctrine: aggressive

I think you can do the changes to Sim.cfg required for the planned test by yourself. Note that there are two Max error angle settings. Only one gets applied to AA guns:

Quote:
[Mech]
Waves amplitude=0.4 ;[0,1]
Waves attenuation=0.65 ;>=0

[AI Cannons]
;The degrees at which the AI could be off when aiming guns at you
Max error angle=4.5 ;[deg] was 3, increased 33%
Max fire range=7000 ;[m] was 6000
Max fire wait=12 ;[s]

[AI AA guns]
;The degrees at which the AI could be off when aiming guns at airplanes
Max error angle=4.5 ;[deg] <= THIS ONE
Max fire range=3500 ;[m] was 1500
Max fire wait=6 ;[s]
Besides the mods required for our tests, I suggest you to enable the mod you have created for increasing Flak's ammo (make sure not to make any other change than this one). The one Flak that you will need to edit is the C/30 (20mm_C30 in Objects/Guns folder)
The one Hurricane I've put in mission cannot harm that much your U-boat, so I left its armaments unchanged.
Before entering in mission, make sure to select the VIIA (if you select the VIIB, you won't get any Flak aboard your boat). Also make sure to adopt the same firing ordesr for all of your tests the tests (I used attack at close range / closing targets, with battlestations activated). That's all
gap is offline   Reply With Quote