View Single Post
Old 01-02-13, 10:09 PM   #4
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
I am not sure about that one, but, this Marine was right. The Senators are supposed to serve us. Soldiers are the people that allow people like you and me sleep at night. We know that when we go to bed that we have people out there every day fighting for our rights. Even if most of America is lazy and on welfare/food stamps.
I am sure it is against Department of Defense regulations for military members to make political statements publicly he can vote and he can attend a rally in civilian clothes but not in uniform and can not make statements or endorsements publicly.This letter has been made public.Well never mind I missed the "retired" bit more like he got a "thakns for you time but you are not advancing in rank" discharge.So the rules do not apply to him anymore.

I don't expect you to know the UCMJ and DOD regulations UCMJ is Uniform Code of Military Justice a code is a law in the UCMJ.Maybe others missed it but I recall very strong emphasis on political things what we could and could not do when I was in the Air Force and for any military member ignorance of a code(law) is not a defense.

Honestly the guy who wrote this letter sounds like a screw up to me based on his service time and rank it is pathetic.I would have respect for Marine that simply used his name but not his rank or branch of service and also only mailed the letter to the intended recipient.

Also the guy is a moron because in most states when you buy a firearm you are required to register it anyway it has been this way for many years in many states even some of the most lax gun law states require you to register.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote