View Single Post
Old 11-28-12, 01:41 PM   #1445
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Tested the contacts have random chance of calling in wolfpack . Sighted a task force and then while surfaced clicked on the radio officer and sent a contact report . I decided not to shadow it because of direction speed etc and later on i met a uboat heading towards me . After a while the uboat dived and i proceeded on my route . Everything works as intended .
I had the experience (similar somewhat to yours) where I was really headed home. I ran into a convoy and sent a contact report. Got a responce from BDU, " all boats in your area coming to [aid], follow the convoy but do not be detected" or something to that effect. I wanted to continue my journey home, I had a long way to go but, orders is orders. Game hr goes by and I'm getting further and further from my course but sound detects the first boat, then a second. I get a message from the U-____ saying they will proceed to attack from the far side of the convoy. This "wolfpack" patch works very well. The only time when the patchs had a problem in my game was because I had left an old, old patch open, not knowing any better at the time. A smple reinstall of the exe took care of this. I always keep a fresh exe copy in a safe folder now, just for this type of problem.
D40