View Single Post
Old 10-30-12, 07:03 AM   #42
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaWolf U-57 View Post
Excuse me But have I not said that on my rig its IS faster. You have shown my quote then say its not true it is really like talking to a broken record isn't it I have used both versions and for me Windows 8 is better and faster. But hey you can carry on burying your heads in the rubbish you read and quote
Eh? It's my first response, hardly a broken record.

That it runs faster for you doesn't tell me anything. When I reinstall Windows everything runs a lot faster as well, untill a few months down the line. You can't really compare a Win7 install that you used for months to a fresh Win8 one.

As for the rubbish, I think that's a bit of a slight against the experts that go through the trouble of setting up test-beds, doing the legwork and writing several-page articles on the matter. These guys have forgotten more than you and me know combined.

At any rate, Tyrant makes a good point about the file transfer and task manager: much better. But beyond that there really isn't much; yes, virtualization is leaps ahead but hardly anyone uses that outside professional applications. Native trackpad is nice but again hardly anyone uses one of those on a desktop. With multi-core optimizations we're talking 2-10% at most, and only for applications that are actually heavily threaded (video&audio editing, archivers).

I understand Win8 Phone on a smartphone, I get RT on a tablet, Win8 makes sense on a laptop with a build-in touchscreen and multi-touch trackpad, but on a desktop?

That's my point; why do we need to drag all that over to desktops? For example, what's the point of an "app" if you have proper applications and a browser?

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote