View Single Post
Old 10-26-12, 09:09 AM   #310
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster View Post
ok well if it has a camera dat then you will lose the fix for the closer centered radar and sonar views as well as the scope zoom levels and free cam very close up views. (there may be some other visual element i cant think of right now)

i dont think its that big a deal for you but if you dont want to lose those you can just remove the camera dat file from PE4 and then it shouldnt be a problem, just check the PE4 read me and see what changes he made to the camera views to know how important it is. im almost posative PE$ doesnt need the cameras dat to work properly

keep in mind im saying all this just from memory since its been over 2 years since i fooled with the game files

Well, it turned out for the worse in this case. After loading the PE4 files 1, 2,4 and 5, then placing my other go to fav mods in, I loaded up my game and had that fire/smoke thing that follows the ship around immediately. I don't have any idea right now if it was one of the other mods causing it, it may be that I missed a conflict warning someplace from PE4. So, I'm going back to my first Environment choice for a time until I can try something else.
Now everything is back to normal. All this really started because I want to see more sea foam on the water. I remember seeing it at one time, now I'm not and I can't figure out why. But the water doesn't look very much like ocean water without lots of salt suds. As of now the crew is scared 'cause the skipper wants to waterski, they hate that.
Thanks for the help Webster! It's all good.
D40