View Single Post
Old 10-03-12, 01:42 PM   #71
Teh_Diplomat
Helmsman

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

I watched this last night, and I must say this is the reason why premium cables shows (Showtime/HBO/AMC) have been winning Emmy's and creating fantastic shows that keep you hooked.

I felt like I was watching the season ender, not the opening season.

Everything in the first episode felt so crammed together. The brief news blurb on the President being under impeachment (why?/howcome?) The calls for nukes to be launched right after the break(wait I get to know the crew only 10 mins and now **** hits the fan?), the prototype on the Sub and the lady who created it(why was it put on the that sub, could we perchance explore that a little deeper instead of rushing on to the NATO forward command site?

They have a lot of potential in terms of understanding how to that sub ended up where it did, but it felt rushed, as if it had to show something crazy before every commercial break.

I feel this was a good plot, ruined by executives because any conspiracy theory show/ especially with false flags, and suchnot would be far better drawn out and explain everything whilst suspense ensues.

In a lot of ways this show reminds me of Prison Break, in the sense that once they resolve the key issue what else is left for the show? Once they stand down or are granted alysum that is; much in the same way that once you break out of prison how much longer can the show go on and retain some quality?

/rant
GWX 2.1 w/ SH3 Cmd + OLC2
Teh_Diplomat is offline   Reply With Quote