View Single Post
Old 09-24-12, 11:52 AM   #65
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster View Post
once again anyone can do this at any time so now that you brought it up maybe someone who has all the files will do it.
I can... But something stopping me. Same as something stopping sober.

Can't say for others, for me - just feels wrong. Towards the modders, who trying hard to improve the game, towards users, who spent time to download and arrange mods, towards Neil and moderators of this site... Hard to explain. It feels like it is not my place or right to take someone elses work and the way they placed their downloads (whether via subsim or other sources - most of the mods on the sober's list are downloadable from "off-site" sources btw).

Simply said: I don't feel that it is any of my right to take someone elses work and, without doing any of work myself (creating a Mega-Mod woud be considered doing something), just putting things up for easy download.

This is just my stance on things. Even though it sounds vague and silly, but this moral part is very important to me and that is the reason why I don't put the entire sober's mod list in one big file for download.

Why do I post this? Just to show that people have reasons for doing or not doing something. Nothing against you, necesseraly. Maybe even silly reasons.

but, imo, people's opinion and reasons matter. Especially on this free forum. And if you feel there is need to have one large chunk of file where all mods are combined - go ahead and do it yourself and put it out for others to use.
But I think it's unfair and hypocritical to expect someone else to do it for YOUR benefit and forget about it as soon as you have all you need.

Hope I didn't offend anyone
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote