View Single Post
Old 09-18-12, 08:31 AM   #955
polyfiller
Weps

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0

OK folks, this is a heads up to a possible Beta / alpha / substantially bug ridden pre-release of the TSWSM.

I have re-started work on this mod and need to limit how much I do before releasing what will be unfinished and full of bugs.

The main reason for the release is to create some renewed interested and to draw some additional people into helping out with the work required to turn this into a more complete mod.

To run this you will need the UBoat missions add on to SH4 PLUS Ops Monsun V705, Ops Monsun V705 to 720 upgrade, Ops Monsun V720 Patch.

What to expect;

1) Multiple playable surface ships for a US, UK & Germany.
2) Custom damage model enable all key components to be displayed as damaged and repaired..
3) Customized ship handling and "bigger" seas - so these babies look more realistic when the going gets rough.
4) Customized muzzle flash and sound for the battleship main guns.
5) Working depth charges controlled by the player if playing as a destroyer.
6) Computer controlled U-boats (only German right now) which will engage you and fire torpedoes at you.
7) Computer controlled cruisers also have ability to lob torpedoes at you.
8) As far as I could make them, historically accurate radar operation - I tuned each radar set to detect at ranges I was able to research on t'web... I did not mess with the 3D models ... I can't do that stuff.
9) Includes one of the radar graphic contacts mod for the radar screen - can't remember which one.
10) Some torpedo attack planes will now do as their names sugests ... they'll lob torps at you.
12) Sorted out visibility and gun accuracy as much as I am able to. So far the longest range engagement I've been able to conduct is out to about 20km. The game engine makes accuracy horrible, despite messing with special abilities and gun seetings.
13) Re-balanced all ships armour vs. gun balancing so that things line up and play alomst as you'd expect historically ... dont' think this is absolutely right, but I did alot and cna't remember what I had not finished.

OK, so now some folk might be getting excited ... here's what I need to do before release;

1) Create some allied European bases and populate with the ships so you can start a career. Can't remember how to do this so ned to do some reading.

2) Test sail all ships at start of career.

3) Resolve some minor playability bugs with some of the ships.

Credits etc......

Much of what is included in the mod was built up over 2 years ... much of it is 5 years old. I will post credits to those I am able to trace / remember. If anyone objects to content being used, I'll pull it (I honestly don't know who to contact over much of it).... and also not that I, in no way, take credit for the bulk of the graphical content (3D stuff) or some of the clever stuff like depth charges etc ..... all I have done is pull it together and done a bucket load of gameplay work, especially around damage models.

So wich me luck. Anyone wanting to help out with item 1) above, please contact me urgently.

Thanks.

Can't believe I just decided to do this ..... arrghhhh !
polyfiller is offline   Reply With Quote