Old 09-17-12, 01:27 PM   #461
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

New torpedo lights panel with several new light color options:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
I like your T-Lampentafel very much, looks photo realistic. But, the numbers need to be straightened.
Yes, they look a bit distorted. I can straighten them, but I think that having to give the impression of being painted on a curved surface, they could be let as they are. What do you guys think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
As for colors and blinking lights I think this is something to discuss but your idea is very interesting.
Do you think It can be found out somewhere what it actually looked like in real life? Could it be there was just one light - white or something?
Or is this discussion on various colors just something we need to apply just make it working in SH 5?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
IMO, Suggested colors for indicator lights should actually be reversed.

Ever since Electric Tech and Explosive Tech converged, it has been pretty much a international standard that Green = Safe, Red = Armed/Ready to Fire and Yellow = Active Process or Malfunction. Some times Blue = Active Process.
Active Process = transition from safe to armed/armed to safe or loading.

(I've never been inside a U-Boat and I can not determine actual colors from B/W photo's. Also, unless Torpedo system is active, it is hard to determine color of indicators if lamps are not illuminated.
My proposal for lights color was just based on common sense and on the need to get information on tube state in a compact UI, but TheBeast's argumentations on lights usage seems more convincing than my ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJones View Post
Very Cool thing...now the question is...where to place this....that's also mean, that we can banish the tubesselection in the top of the masks for uzo, attack scope and obs scope....

that cleans up the screen much more and lets the user decide what he will have in the screen as an slide in Element
Good idea!

Quote:
The Questions is now that we need an additional panel to give the orders to flood and to topen the tubes....

althoug we can use the actual one i build up for that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
I was thinking of a 3 position Toggle Switch for Torpedo Tube Flood/Purge, Open/Close. One 3 position Toggle per Torpedo Tube.
This would reduce panel size requirement and viewable area clutter.
Quote:
Yes a 3 position toggle is a good idea.
I may use the background from Naigths and make it a little bit smaller for the toggles and make them as additional panel wich can slide out.
If someone provides me with a good picture of a 3 position toggle, like the one suggeste by TheBeast, I can try to create a torpedo switches panel that matches in colors and style the T-lampentafel.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote