View Single Post
Old 09-15-12, 01:52 PM   #456
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
When I was serving on a Swedish sub I also had the opportunity to get aboard older ones in dry-dock.
What I now can remember is that they were just white lights.
As I then didn't ask about it I really don't know and I never saw them lit but maybe they could change colors for the various steps.
The panels were quite different.
Quote:
Remember that in Dry Dock the boat can not carry any Ordinance. Color may vary from Empty Tube campared to Loaded Tube.
Maybe I could get in contact with some older members of the veteran association of the Marine and ask if they know.
Maybe they even have some knowledge about German subs.
Quote:
That would be outstanding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJones View Post
Think i schould visit Kiel Laboe next time to visit the VIIc and watch out for some details...

Wish I could. As I said before, I have always wanted to enter a U-boat.
I have been inside many Balao and Gato class submarines. Back in the 60's and early 70's I use to row my rubber raft out and fish for Salamon and Steelhead from them at Bremerton Washington Naval Shipyard. Most of the time I would get chased away but some times I would get a tour.
At one time there was like 20+ WWII Submarines there but they were either used for targets, Crush Depth tests or sold to other countries. A few were sent to Mothball fleet in San Mateo California.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote