View Single Post
Old 09-15-12, 10:11 AM   #452
DrJones
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 341
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Sorry for delayed response. I have been very busy lately and have not had any free time.

I was thinking of a 3 position Toggle Switch for Torpedo Tube Flood/Purge, Open/Close. One 3 position Toggle per Torpedo Tube.
This would reduce panel size requirement and viewable area clutter.

IMO, Suggested colors for indicator lights should actually be reversed.

Ever since Electric Tech and Explosive Tech converged, it has been pretty much a international standard that Green = Safe, Red = Armed/Ready to Fire and Yellow = Active Process or Malfunction. Some times Blue = Active Process.
Active Process = transition from safe to armed/armed to safe or loading.

(I've never been inside a U-Boat and I can not determine actual colors from B/W photo's. Also, unless Torpedo system is active, it is hard to determine color of indicators if lamps are not illuminated.
The sad thing is, growing up there were 2 Type-7 Uboats not 15 miles away from where lived and I was never able to go see them and every time we were driving south on Interstate 5 passing these boats, I remember asking to go see them. Just a stones throw away from Seattle's Space Needle.)
Hey Mate,

i dont mind. Happy to hear from you. Yes a 3 position toggle is a good idea.
I may use the background from Naigths and make it a little bit smaller for the toggles and make them as additional panel wich can slide out.

Regards

DrJones
DrJones is offline   Reply With Quote