View Single Post
Old 09-15-12, 10:05 AM   #451
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJones View Post
@thebeast: how should a toggle swith look for that and where should we place it..once you had an idea for that...

Best Regards

DrJones
Sorry for delayed response. I have been very busy lately and have not had any free time.

I was thinking of a 3 position Toggle Switch for Torpedo Tube Flood/Purge, Open/Close. One 3 position Toggle per Torpedo Tube.
This would reduce panel size requirement and viewable area clutter.

IMO, Suggested colors for indicator lights should actually be reversed.

Ever since Electric Tech and Explosive Tech converged, it has been pretty much a international standard that Green = Safe, Red = Armed/Ready to Fire and Yellow = Active Process or Malfunction. Some times Blue = Active Process.
Active Process = transition from safe to armed/armed to safe or loading.

(I've never been inside a U-Boat and I can not determine actual colors from B/W photo's. Also, unless Torpedo system is active, it is hard to determine color of indicators if lamps are not illuminated.
The sad thing is, growing up there were 2 Type-7 Uboats not 15 miles away from where lived and I was never able to go see them and every time we were driving south on Interstate 5 passing these boats, I remember asking to go see them. Just a stones throw away from Seattle's Space Needle.)

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote