View Single Post
Old 08-22-12, 11:30 AM   #19
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
If a team from Subsim did, they would be violating every copyright law on the books of several nations. It's just not going to happen anytime soon, unless UBI goes completely broke and dissolves without anybody else picking up rights to the Silent Hunter franchise.
You fail to realize there are loop holes for everything Take a peek over at SH5 Mods Forum - look at my SH5 exe patches to fix bugs and add functionality. I have an app that will patch the exe and act files. It does not violate any copyright rules because I do not release any modified files. I release patch files that my app uses to patch up the end users files. 100% legit and legal because what you do in your own house is your business as long as you don't release it to the public. Having the source code would be much easier but I'm perfectly at home with assembly also.

Let me give you an analogy that proves my point: I own an AR-15. I did a google search for 'how to make AR-15 full auto'. I found a document (plans actually) that show how to make something that you can install in your AR-15 in less than a minute that makes it full auto. Did the author of those plans violate any copyrights or patents? Nope. Freedom of speech, gotta love that American right. I do the same thing - I provide the means, it's up to the end user to decide what to do with those means.

SH5 is a wonderful game. You really should try it patched up and modded I just gave SH5 the ability to use independent speed controls for each shaft. More 'improvements' on the way!

Just so this post is relevant to the subject I do not like SH4 - never have. It was supposed to be an improvement over SH3. They failed miserably. I played it 10 mins and then shelved it. It's been collecting dust ever since...

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 08-22-12 at 11:55 AM.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote