View Single Post
Old 08-14-12, 10:21 PM   #835
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Some excellent news X 2!!! I found the memory addresses where each player's sub's shaft's ordered speed is located What's even better is I ordered up ahead standard and then set one of those memory addresses to 0...the shaft stopped! I set the memory address back to it's previous value and the shaft returned to speed. Now here's where it gets even better....I put a random value in there and the shaft spun according to the ordered speed while the other shaft remained at the original ordered speed

This means indepedent engine control is possible and built into the game. The physics aren't modeled correctly though. I set one shaft to 0.1 (ahead slow) and the other shaft to ahead flank (1.0) and I expected to see the sub turn due to the different torques exerted on the sub by the shafts but alas that did not happen I even tried setting one of the shafts to back emergency with the other at ahead flank and the sub didn't turn (it did slow down some though so at least that is partially modeled)

Now I just have to figure out how to add new commands to the game

What I think would be really neat is to model electric\diesel engine failures now. Now that I know the memory addreses I could implement some random failures into them Or even better if you run the electric or diesel engines at ahead flank for x period of time the chance of failure increases

TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote