View Single Post
Old 08-05-12, 12:15 PM   #4258
BootsmanBoof
Mate

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0

2nd patrol in my IIa, U-12, less than 100kms off the English coast. The weather was quite poor at around 10am, spotted a tramp, decided to go in hard and fast in a surface attack and fire at around 500m (I don't need bad sea prematures). Due to rough seas and the fact my watch officer is also torpedo trained, I had him down below looking after the torps while I held the tower with 2 rates.

So I was around 600m away from the target and charging in at 11knots when I heard the sudden roar of aircraft engines and got the fright of my life when a bomb exploded probably 20m off the port side and showered my boat with water. Verdammt!!!!!

Luckily I had pinged for depth prior to my attack run, so a sharp turn to starboard to avoid collision and a crash dive saved my skin.

Currently at 60m wondering whether to stick around for another shot or just retreat submerged with my tail between my legs.