Old 07-30-12, 07:12 PM   #3981
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger View Post
It's simple as opening Word, writing and then saving
In this case, you open Silent Editor, in s3d open scene.dat, after file is loaded navigate to (expanding the tree on the left, double-click to expand):
Node - Sky, then expand
EnvData, click EnvData propetries (blue icon), you will see a lot of things listed in main window, scroll down through that list to
Underwater, there you will find
Fog, and in Fog tree, there is
ZMax, change its value to higher one (dont go to high, increasing it by 1, will have noticable effect, and its not on "down" axis, but forward, I think).

You can make brighter color when looking down underwater by changing
Downlight > Color.

After all is done go to File, select Save in a mod, and then Save in new mod folder; enter name for a mod, OK and done. This option (saving as a mod) is only available if you have JSGME, but I'm pretty sure you have. Final thing: enable it with JSGME. Done

(unmodded ZMax value is 18, TMO is 9 - I think, I could have changed it in my file)

(Or you can try mine: http://www.mediafire.com/?j5fxs8o54hs7cbw - two files: both with zmax=10, one with a little bit brighter "downlight, second with probably too bright "downlight")
I've seen S3D mentioned before (as the Silent Editor), but always ASS-U-MEd it was talking about the 'Mission Editor'.

So . . . I downloaded and installed S3D, opened the scene.dat file and changed the ZMax back to the original value of 18.0 . You're right, TMO had changed this value to ZMax=9.0 . I saved this as a MOD, and all I have to do enable it and test. I used the original ZMax value since I was happy with it to begin with it - I can always adjust it down later if the change is too much.

Thanx for the EXPLICIT instructions Otherwise I would have no idea of what to change or how.