View Single Post
Old 07-30-12, 10:04 AM   #666
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I'm feeling very ambitious and already started working on my next patch: AI crew damage control. This irks me also about the game: an AI unit takes damage and they don't invoke any damage control to minimize the damage. This is not right. No one in their right mind would let their ship just sit and burn and flood and eventually sink into the abyss. I'm in the planning stages of this patch currently

There are many things I have to 'find' first. I have to figure out the memory structure of a unit so I can read it's type, depth, speed, etc. I already know how to get to the zones (boxes) of the unit so that part is good. I know how to invoke a random number generator in SHCollisions so that part is covered. Need to find the frame rendering time so that I can count time...
In a nut shell, after allowing wild fires to sweep on the whole ship, and shells to damage several compartments, you are now providing crews with fire extinguishers, patches, spanners and welding machines

That's insane TDW, and you know it!

PS: is there a way to connect unit's speed with flooding rates, i.e. the faster ship's speed, the more water it will take on?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote