View Single Post
Old 01-16-06, 08:39 AM   #5
Mike 'Red Ocktober' Hense
Commander

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

nooope... sorrrrry the Exec's got the tdc and the sonar crew management duties...

besides, when the alarm rings, one player would have his hands full shutting down the diesels, closing the induction, switching on the motors for propulsion... every manned crew position has it's responsibilities... especially during the dive... especially engine room/manuevering and dive/ships control...

... the way i'm working it, ya gotta 'rise up the ranks', so to speak, starting out with a billet in the engineering spaces, then moving up to...

Diving Officer (planes,helm,ballast,vents)

then Executive Officer (plot,sonar,tdc,fire control)

then, finally, to Captain (attack scope,navigation, radio,command)

so, in total, there will be a four player submarine crew if all the billets are filled... unfilled billets are AI logic controlled... and every crew position wears multiple 'hats' meaning that they have multiple related resposibilites...

in single player, you are the Captain, and can take command of any station, otherwise it's AI controlled.

... anyways, that's the final gameplan... but it's taking me a while to get done... lots of rewrites... this and the graphics issue, i'm tempted to release a simplified game with simplified graphics... it's really becoming a pain.

THANKS for the input guys... more to come soon...

--Mike
Mike 'Red Ocktober' Hense is offline   Reply With Quote