Thread: PMDG J41
View Single Post
Old 07-05-12, 09:59 AM   #8
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

They ARE fun, and yes, they are quite complex. My problem with the J41 is that the avioncis are so totally different to what I know, half of the stuff looks different and gets handled differently, or is in unusual places. Arming spoilers I use to do by having a lever on the pedestal. Here it is a tiny little switch hidden in a corner on the front panel. And how to operate the engines correctly, the propellers, that is, still is mystery to me. Currently I can make sense of only half the instruments and buttons I see. I had that kind of orientation problem also long ago with an MD-11, I found it difficult to learn how things gets done there NOT in the Boeing style. Same problem I had with an Airbus A320 even before that, although the many similiarities and things that compared to the Boeings were obvious.

PMDG's 747 (knew the FS9 version) already was very good, but the way to go today is the 737NGX, that one is the benchmark against which all other addons get measured. And this J41, if you want it one or two sizes smaller.

And the 737's CDU/FMC is - well, the system depth is such that I tend to think its functionality indeed maybe is complete.