View Single Post
Old 06-24-12, 06:55 AM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default Airbus 320 for FSX

Oberon, I think it was you asking for an Airbus for FS long time ago, two or three years...?

Back then Aerosoft released an own-developement of theirs, which looked stunning, but system depth and realism was masisvely simplified. What was said back then already is that from beginning on they planned to release TWO versions of that package, with an improved, more complex, more realistic one coming later. It seems that that release is coming later summer this year now. Talk is of August.

They say that the new version was pretty much developed by demand and custom requests by a professional customer.

I understand that by looks the new package will base very much on the old version for the wider market. I will not complain, here are some pics of the old version,

http://www.aerosoft.de/_php_projekte...=fsx&p=airbusx

followed by a video of the old version.

Quote:
The new version will have these changes
  • Full implementation of the MCDU functions (so added SIDs, STARs, routes, VNAV)
  • Complete rewrite of the FBW system (not using any FSX functions, so unfortunately loosing compatibility with many hardware addons)
  • Includes second engine type
  • Reworked NAV display
  • Adding of two more models and 24+ more liveries
  • New very innovative checklist (showing all incorrect switches and allowing them to be corrected from inside the checklist, in other words, clicking on the 'complete pre-flight checklist' button will actually complete it.
  • More (hundreds) and better sounds
  • Inclusion of several add-ins created by customers.
The basic idea that we focus on the general day to day operation of the airbus seen from the captains seat remains. So we still do not care a lot about cabin views, maintenance or even failures that happens on average.... nearly never.
I'll keep an eye on developements. By looks, I like the cockpit, it now is about functionality and realism, reliability of procedures and stability.