View Single Post
Old 06-11-12, 02:27 AM   #3912
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but all the subs in TMO25 have bow mounted deck guns, except gar/tambor. The optional mod for aft deck guns moves DG to stern on all subs, you dont install this mod to get DG on Sargo, so I think that "no deck guns" problem manifested itself here in your case.

It looks like it happens when starting a career with s-class boat (I never experienced it when starting with porpoise, salmon or tambor). Maybe because of 4"50 deck gun - it's not available on other boats until mid '43 or early '44, they should receive 3"5 instead, but they dont, so finding out why could lead to solution.
'all the subs in TMO25 have bow mounted deck guns, except gar/tambor.'
That may be, but the picture of the Sargo-class boat on the sub's in-port equipment screen shows a stern deck gun, so I 'assume' that's all that is available for a Sargo. There is no deck gun available for purchase in-port, and no deck gun crew spaces.

Strange to say, before Ducimus 'fixed' this bug, I had never encountered it previously. I did get boats with a stern gun or fore gun, whatever the configuration called for. I never really liked the stern gun anyways, since I had to present my beam to a merchant that may be armed to use it. I much prefer shooting over the bow since I'm headed towards the target for torpedo attack. Sampans, Junks or Fishing Boats don't fight back, but I always felt is rather clumsy firing the stern deck gun.

'It looks like it happens when starting a career with s-class boat (I never experienced it when starting with porpoise, salmon or tambor).'

It has happened before when I started with a porpoise. The Gato deck gun just goes away after upgrading.

Bandit: 'I do believe that when you accept a new boat of any kind the first patrol with that sub that you accepted will not be able to have a deck gun on the sub until you complete 1 patrol with the new boat. Then after you return to base then you can outfit your boat with a deck gun.'

Works that way for RADAR, but not for the deck gun. I've had RADAR equipped porpoise, sargo/salmon boats, but lost my RADAR when upgrading to the Gato. Also, when upgrading from RADAR equipped Gato to new Balao, you will also lose the RADAR. Always available after the first patrol with the new boat. Deck guns should always be equipped on a new boat since they came that way 'from the factory'. Once lost during an upgrade, the deck gun is never available again, nor are spaces for a crew.

Again, this may have changed when I did the complete upgrade from TMO2.2 to TMO2.5, including deleting the My Documents\SH4 folder. I'll just have to let you know later - I'll be away from my 'patrol zone' for the next week.

Last edited by Roger Dodger; 06-11-12 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Changing text color
Roger Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote