Old 06-05-12, 03:21 AM   #3901
doulos05
Planesman

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeOnn View Post
Hello everyone.
I am newbie on Subsim and i have a question.
Not sure is this the right place to ask about this but i have intalled TMO 2.5 anyway so:
Which of the manual targetting methods is the most precise.
I'm using Vector Analysis method and found it very precise.
Dick O' Kane method is very simple but precision is not so good in my opinion.
If anyone knows other, more precise methods please reply to this post.
I never used a method included in OTC mod (using the omnimeter) because it's for fully realistic gameplay none the less i have the OTC installed and strongly recommend this MOD as an addition to TMO

Ah i almost forgot. I set realism on hard ("no map contact update" and "no event camera" is disabled besides that the rest is enabled)
I find the sum total of errors in a proper Dick O'Kane (taken from inside 1000 yards) to be negligible. Mathematically, we're talking about errors averaging under 50 feet, the difference between hitting directly under the funnel and hitting directly astern or ahead of the funnel. Target movement due to a detected torpedo wake tends to have a greater impact on accuracy than the imprecision in Dick O'Kane.

That said, if you're going for super-realistic, you can read the TDC manual from 1946, it details precisely how to set up the 3 kinds of shots recommended. We have a quasi-functional TDC, so you could run it almost just exactly like your real counterparts.
Me:
doulos05 is offline   Reply With Quote