View Single Post
Old 05-24-12, 04:10 AM   #3405
AndyW
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 0
Default V16B1 with vanilla SH3 or SH3 v1.4b?

Hello fellow Kaleuns,

Good to see so many „old“ names being still here on duty after a long time…

I’m back to this wonderful game after a couple of years and want to give it a try with a fresh installation and the latest “must have” mods. Actually I didn’t want to spend hours on installing and adjusting and combining dozens of various mods. Instead, I want to set sails asap to see if I’m still able to skip a Tauchboot trough enemy waters and sink some tonnage…and get home safe.

So I am planning to install

SH3 V16B1
+ JSGME 2.6
+ SH3 Commander 3.2 Super Deluxe
+ GMX 3.0 Gold
+ probably a mod enabling a sort of real navigation – I remember the mod from vanjast back from 2009
+ probably a GUI with Angriffsscheibe for manual firing solution – not sure if onelifecrisis’ OLC mod is still state of the art

Here are my issues:

1.) Even after reading through the readme and using the search function I’m still not sure if I have to patch up the vanilla SH3.exe to patch 1.4b before patching to V16B1? The manual is a bit unclear here (at least to a bonehead like me)

2.) Any conflicts or issues using V16B1 + Commander 3.2. + GWX 3.0 Gold? Is the installation sequence right?

3.) Any other “must have”- mods which are not already included in GWX anyway which I would need to have prior to my reactivation?

Any suggestions are welcome!
AndyW is offline   Reply With Quote