View Single Post
Old 05-22-12, 11:56 AM   #3401
Captain Mark
Swabbie

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0

I reinstalled my old SH3 after a very very long time, in the hopes to find a good mod for it. I chose to use GWX3 and I am pretty impressed, but what actually convinced me to keep playing SH3, is this amazing hardcode fix!

Many many thanks to h.sie, and anyone else that made this happen!

I applied the patch (V16B1) exactly like the readme says, and everything works perfectly together with GWX3 (I did all the tests), even though I applied the patch to an unofficial NoDVD SH3.exe (crack ), because my win7 doesn't like the original SF-infected SH3.exe at all (Incompatibility issues with the SF drivers).

I have a question though: Since I am also using some of the JSGME mods that come with GWX3, is the 16km Atmosphere mod compatible with the Night Vision Fix (by Makman94, Rubini, h.sie), that is included in V16B1?

The V16B1 readme suggests the following Crew Sensor Settings in data/cfg/Sensors.cfg (tentative values):

- Visual range factor = 0.5
- Visual fog factor = 1.00-1.05
- Visual light factor = 0.8

Would these values somehow mess up my 16km Atmosphere mod?

The settings in my current SH3 installation with GWX3 are:

- Visual range factor = 0.5
- Visual fog factor=1.1
- Visual light factor=5.0

So I am not sure now as to which settings are working best with both the 16km Atmosphere mod AND the Night Vision Fix (by Makman94, Rubini, h.sie).

Sorry, I am new to this.
Captain Mark is offline   Reply With Quote