View Single Post
Old 05-16-12, 05:55 PM   #8
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
A stock GTX560 Ti soaks about 150W, which that PDF lists as the limit on the 2 PCI-E x16 risers. Not familiar with this hardware, but that's what I understand of that document.

Also says it's limited to single-slot designs; not many of those around nowadays, none that deliver good gaming performance anyway.
Yes the single slot is my concern. I can go up to a 225 watt card (possibly 300) since the slot provide 75, and I will have 2 75 watt pci-e plugs. If the slot will provide 150 - thats great. I thought the spec on a x16 was 75 though.

I would be ok with a 150 watt card - performance is the real question.

*Note - the second PCI riser will be used for sound....

So - let me throw another monkey in the barrel. Would it be possible to swap the boards between the 350 and the 380? Since the chassis are totally different - I am not sure. But if so, I wouldnt need to fool with the risers. I simply might have to make some modifications for heat.

Yea, I know - this is a bit much - but this would be good because not only would I have the raid array, I would have space for a couple of standard sata drives (I have a 1 and 2 Tb that could be used as well) which would be simple storage.

Plus, I would have room for a dual slot size card (though it could only NEED one slot).

Captain Haplo
CaptainHaplo is offline   Reply With Quote