View Single Post
Old 05-08-12, 11:30 AM   #7
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna52522 View Post
Harbor raiding can become boring and old news after you hit the same harbor over and over, but for a new player it can be very entertaining, and that's what sims/games are meant to be.

I respect the choice of people who like to immerse themselves into sim/games, but for me it's about entertainment not a lifestyle. I don't always play historically because history is history, I may have tried to raid a harbor if I was in WWII and had the means to do so.

I don't see SH4 as reliving history, and I don't want to sail it just as it was in history because obviously that's already been done, but more as changing it in a way that I could, although the SH4 doesn't allow you to really change anything.
Absolutely! With using some of the supermods though, harbor raiding can be downright dangerous, and sometimes suicidal because of the tweaked AI, surface ships and planes.

I don't follow it 100% either, since I wasn't there to know what it was like in reality. It just depends on what version you play, and difficulty settings. With RFB, TMO, and FOTRS, I am bit apprehensive to venture into landlocked ports where getting in and out of them quickly is near next to impossible.

---------------------

Hylander_1314 is offline   Reply With Quote