View Single Post
Old 05-03-12, 08:20 AM   #182
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Now that I've had some time to mull this over, I'm getting something of the same sense of disappointment as others have had here. Not over dumbing the game down, or even turning it into a MMO (even though I hate multiplayer games, so I'll probably pass on this).

What gets me is that they're trying to squeeze more money out of the Silent Hunter franchise while leaving SH5 woefully broken. Ubi has shown time and time again that they don't have a commitment to doing this series right. And I'm not talking about design philosophy and how hardcore the realism is, but just having an experience where game breaking bugs are kept to a minimum. We had to beg for a 1.3 patch for SH4 to fix such minor things as being able to create a torpedo solution that actually, you know, worked. You can point the finger at developers for letting these things happen in the first place, but hey, bugs are a fact of life with games. Where I lay the blame is at Ubi's doorstep for not allowing the team to go back and patch out the bugs adequately.

It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth that Ubi is trying to cash in on the Silent Hunter name when they've prematurely abandoned the last outing and shown a worrisome disregard for fans of the series.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote