View Single Post
Old 04-10-12, 12:58 PM   #1565
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
@Frau, you do need to buy the torture room to complete that quest.

It's actually worth the buy IMO

**SPOILERS**

It gives you four different treasure hunts to get some cash

**END SPOILERS**

Yeah I know that already, and I don't care... I've already got more money than this character will ever need, I don't need to torture people for more. And I don't think it fits in all that well with the DB stuff anyway, which is (or should be, IMO) about one simple thing: murder for hire, as quickly and cleanly as possible. Not kidnapping people and hanging them up in a torture chamber to extract information out of them, particularly if none of it has anything to do with actually completing a contract.

So I guess that quest will just have to remain unfinished. I've got to report back to the Sanctuary to let them... her... it... whatever is in that coffin... know that I completed the contract I got when I checked in there, I'm hoping I don't get another one cuz really I should be handing out work to the rest of DB, not running all over creation doing small-time hits when the rest of the gang is doing nothing but hanging out and enjoying the fruits of my labors.

The "payoff" there sucks kinda like a lot of the guild/faction stuff, there's not enough practical recognition that you're actually the LEADER of the organization once you get to that position. It's really annoying with the Thieves Guild if only because there was so much traveling and work and risk involved in making it through to the top. And now I'm supposed to take lip from Vex because I'm not interested in stealing some piddly piece of crap from some house on the other side of the country just to make her happy? Oh, it benefits the Guild? THEN GO GET IT YOURSELF YOU SORRY BINT. Instead of spending 24/7 in the Ragged Flagon giving me the stink-eye every time I pass through. Sheesh.

But ANYWAY...

I will finish out the Civil War quests for the Legion and then maybe the rest of the Daedric ones with this character but that's about it. And maybe only the Daedric ones I haven't done on previous playthroughs, whatever, when I get the Oblivion Walker badge I'll consider that good enough. And I'm only doing it now because it's unlikely that I'll ever play through those things again and I'd like to see how they go.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote