View Single Post
Old 04-10-12, 08:15 AM   #1562
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Well, I took the plunge and joined the Legion. Kinda hard to keep a straight face, taking an oath of loyalty to an Emperor that I just killed, like, three days ago. Does word ever get around that the Emperor is dead or do the Imperial Powers That Be choose not to share that little tidbit with their subjects?

Best part was that on the way into Castle Dour to speak with Tullius and Rikke about joining up, I was just coming around the corner from the ramp up to where the blacksmith and fletcher are, when I hear yelling and here come two very angry Penitus Oculatus dudes. Must've been a couple left over from the first botched assassination attempt inside the castle, but whatever. They're dead now and I had to punt their nekkid bodies over against the wall so I don't have to walk over them every time I report back to the Castle. Every once in a while some guard walks by, leans over, and sadly wonders what happened. Lulz.

Other odd thing was that when I went to kill the Emperor I decided to take out Maro first, and the other PO agent who was hanging out with him on the docks. Or agents. I can't remember how many there were. Anyway, the guard who was patrolling that area actually came to *help* me when the second (and/or third) PO dude attacked me. I'd one-shotted Maro in the back from a hidden position at the far end of the pier, so maybe the guard didn't realize I was being attacked because, you know, I'd just killed somebody. Or maybe the Solitude guards just don't like the Penitus Oculatus. There were no repercussions from killing the two outside the castle, either.

Anyway I don't think there are any PO dudes left, after it became clear that they're not going to just let it go, well, I made a little trip to Dragonbridge and killed the only one left in their HQ there. Pretty sure I killed every agent on the Emperor's ship and down by the docks. We have the Emperor's robes and Maro's armor on display in the Dawnstar Sanctuary now.

Wondering if the only way to get a completed quest on Where You Hang Your Enemy's Head is to buy *every* upgrade there? I bought everything but the Torture Room stuff and victims, because, EW. And now the quest is still just sitting there in my journal like it's unfinished.

Also wondering for future reference how the game handles the Imperial "medium" armor if that's what you choose when you get outfitted? I took light because all my XP and perks are in Light Armor but I was confused as to why medium was even an option. Does the game lump it in with light, or heavy? I'd really like to have something that looks better than the plain Imperial light but I swore I would do the Civil War quests in what the Legion gave me, improved and enchanted of course (since I can) but it's still making it more interesting than running around in Nightingale stuff or Dragonscale with a buttload of OP weapons. My health bar actually comes up now occasionally in a close fight.

Altho I did take the ax to Windhelm and defend Whiterun with my full set of Dragon armor and weapons, cuz I felt like I was acting more as Thane of Whiterun there than just another Legion grunt.

I confess I stood in the Palace and asked Ulfric every possible question before getting to the unfortunate matter of Baalgruuf's ax, just to hear him talk. Even as a sworn enemy, when he's issuing veiled and not-so-veiled threats at me and my Jarl, he's still the hottest thing walking.

So far Tullius and Rikke just fall flat as characters in comparison to Ulfric and Galmar. Baalgruuf did give an awesome speech after the battle for Whiterun, though. At least he and Idgrod will get to keep their thrones, I just have to keep reminding myself of that.

Also forget any complaints I had about Shadowmere, true I have to ride him, fast travel, or take the carriage if I want him along on a journey but that's a small inconvenience because he is awesome. I'm having to leave Marcurio at home for most of the Legion missions and I'm just going everywhere with Shadowmere and loving it.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote