View Single Post
Old 04-09-12, 11:15 AM   #5
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 541
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
The books are great. I read the first one and got ahead of the series as I couldn't put it down. I'm not doing that for the second season. I'm only reading along with the series, and not ahead.

This is one time I am going to put the books on hold until the series concluded in 5 years or so, then read them. I am a big fan of good lit but I think the series is amazing and I want to keep the sensation fresh as I watch it. Looking forward to reading them in my retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
First season has just been broadcasted in Germany, on three evenings with 3 episodes each. Unfortunately I had to miss the second evening, but by the 1st and 3rd TV evenings I agree, it was very well done, I'm looking forward for the second season, in Germany probably late this year, or in the next.

I also liked that they managed to not show the limitations of their budget, but cleverly working around that so that you are made to believe they worked with a very big budget indeed. That is solid craftsmanship.
Yeah, it's hard to imagine a treatment this big on TV, and it would have been ruined as a three hour movie. Thank God for HBO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Following the series too, was a bloody long wait for the 2nd season.

Easily one of the more interesting one's from HBO, the cast is quite amazing
and no one really seem out of place in their role. Tyrion is great, nice to see
Peter Dinklage in a big role.
He certainly has the best dialogue and makes the most of it.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote