View Single Post
Old 04-06-12, 07:47 PM   #2552
Short Final
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

As a new member I`ve wriiten a short review of Project Zeewolf using Windows 7 64.
Project Zeewolf January update.

THE GOOD
There has been a huge amount of work and fixes over the original. All six vanilla missions have been reworked with an additional 2 missions, then there`s four Project Zeewolf missions and the Winter campaign has two.
The game looks and feels great. The overall draw distance is quite impessive, though grass and the odd tree popping can be noticed. Control of the tank is fairly simple. I find the missions quite challenging, big, replayable and plenty of room to move.
The Project Zeewolf missions look to go even further giving you the feeling that you`re involved in a massive assault.

THE NOT SO GOOD
The game suffers from a runtime error after playing around three missions . More than half the missions get the floating tank problem after one playthough needing you to restart the game (this is being looked into).
The control settings do not save and will be required to be re-entered whenever you start the game.
With an I-7 975 (4ghz) and a gtx580, frame rates would plummet to 7-23 fps on the Zeewolf and Winter missions, which I found unplayable. Reducing all settings from max to min made no difference (incl res change). CPU showed 2 cores working (20%-40%) and the gpu at around 50%.

There could be more information on the website, and it could be mentioned that Zeewolf will contact you promptly via email once you donate. Was hesitant in joining myself because of this. And I could only find one short vid.
Overall, I`m still glad I got this, just for the reworked vanilla missions and fixes. Best WW2 tank sim I`ve played since Panzer Elite.
Short Final is offline   Reply With Quote