View Single Post
Old 04-01-12, 06:27 PM   #3298
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olamagato View Post
Damage model torpedo from H.Sie adds to the existing model. Unfortunately the only game code may cause the pistols does not work or premature detonation. It was not possible simulate these effects in the revised code sh3.exe. Damage model for SH3 does not imply any change in the depth of the torpedo. Torpedo set to the desired depth, always on it will (or at least for me).

Perhaps a better solution (and more consistent historically) would be set to a depth of defective torpedoes always to zero, then exposed to an original damage mechanism of the game and allowed a fired torpedo at a premature detonation or noticed by the enemy.
Hehe I hope not to ruffle the mans feathers.So what we are talking about here is not the natural tendency to fail which Hsie mapped out better but instead the modeling of duds resulting from too shallow torpedo depth settings.So not only are the torpedoes even more junky in early war but we now have to deal with estimating how close to surface we can let em loose.Great stuff!!

If I have windspeed 15 then that means under 6m is good.Whats crazy is that so many of the small cruisers have such low drafts.Clemson class draft is 3.2......its immune to torpedoes in heavy seas unless your extremely lucky.
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote