View Single Post
Old 03-31-12, 05:35 PM   #6293
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootBeer View Post
I bought SH3 off of Steam, and was wondering how I go about installing GWX? I had SH3 installed, and I had also installed a few other little mods, so I'm currently uninstalling SH3, re-downloading it, and plan on installing GWX. I'm doing this because I assume I need to install GWX in a fresh install of SH3. Any specific instructions on installing GWX for the steam version?

When you run the GWX installer it default points to usual SH3 install directory - Ubisoft/SilentHunterIII - You need to point it towards the SH3 exe in your Steam folder

I also downloaded the GWX Additional Ammo, does that give me extra deck and flak gun ammo? If so, how much? And if not, can I still edit some of the cfg files so that I can have a certain amount of ammo? I usually prefer at least double of what's normally available.

Off the top of my head its 250 shells for the DG and 3000 for each of the flak guns
You can edit that yourself but IIRC you will then need to add further slots for the DG as that is the max amount each slot will take and only one on DG

I'd like to know as well what the zoom levels are like with GWX. I used to have SH3 installed on my other computer, but recently bought a new one, which is why I had to download off of steam and am installing GWX, and on the other computer I could zoom up to 10x or 12x, plus I could use ctrl+mouse wheel to zoom incrementally. I don't remember which file I edited and what I changed it to though. I'm hoping there is something similar to this in GWX.

Zoom levels are different to stock but wont be anything near 10x

Last thing, which other mods are recommended after GWX? And is GWX significantly harder then vanilla SH3?
Answers in yellow above

Yes GWX is way harder than stock
Takes longer to load as campaign is way bigger and carries a lot more historical missions on
Ships/aircraft and subs included are way above stock levels as are other land units

As for other mods whats your rigs specs like ? as GWX takes more to run then stock does

If you can run it ok you can add on this

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21474...ra_ships_V7_7z

Adds in new ports at Wilhelmshaven and St Naz as well as Schleuse locks on Kiel canal and Germany has its own merc units no one else does and a myriad other enhancements

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote