misha1967
Commander

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacoviciana View Post
Hi Pedrobas,

Greetings from Catalonia.

First of all, congratulation for your hard work. I'm using and testing around the scandalous and unfinish wonderful world of SH5 in the last two years, and I have hundreds of hours about choice and test a lot of mods, and I celebrate the arriving of MMM like a big party.

You know better than I than without the modders, no game SH5 possible. I like a lot the simulators (Rise of Flight the best!!!) and I'm shure than SH5 is a great simulator, but with modders. Incredible and stupid work of Ubisoft.

I have installed in a clean SH5 on my computer (MacPro with bootcamp-6gb ram-Windows 7 64 bits) your MMM v0.3, v0.4, v0.4AIO, v0.5 and now v0.5AIO, and I want to comment you some thinks about it:

All fine and run ok (a big change between Windows 7 32 bits to 64 bits) but I have CTDs sometimes, normaly with a bout near in explossions (when I send all my torpedoes to the major boat in Scapa Flow new mission in OHII for example) or in a Historical Mission like RAOFB. I think than the problem can be the FX, I'm not shure about it.

And I have problems too when I'm sumerged to navegate the u-boot, because nothing matter when I order head-to-view or I touch que rudder with the mouse, only the sub change at touching Rudder-to-port key. Strange!!!.

I have use in my last intend (afternoon of the last sunday, yesterday) the three first parts of your MMM v0.5: 01-Dynamic environment, 02-Graphics-FX..., 03-TDW and CTDs occur, and when I put only the 01-Dynamic environment and 03_TDW no CTDs, maybe is a problem with the Graphics, but now I have no more time to investigate, but I want to send you the notifications of this problems, maybe help you and to all the community of fans of subsim.

And sorry about my poor english (aunque tu y yo nos entenderíamos mejor en español, verdad???, per por respeto al resto).

Thanks.
I'm sure your English is better than my Spanish

As to your problem with CTDs, I know that this is a known problem at times with "too much happening at once", causing the game to CTD as the computer gets overloaded.

One "fix" I've heard of in those few situations where, like Scapa, a whole LOT of things start happening when things start to blow up, is to switch to the Nav Map right after firing the torpedoes and stay there until the targets have sunk. The Nav Map is a good place to hide as it doesn't use near as many resources while still allowing the computer to keep up with what's going on. I use the Nav Map myself when I want to let my graphics card cool down as it apparently treats it like 2D and therefore doesn't do any rendering on it.

I hope that makes sense.