View Single Post
Old 03-13-12, 03:03 PM   #821
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothersome View Post
I've got a somewhat stable campaign going now. But it is not with OH-II.
Glad to hear it And don't forget to follow what flostt said about those environment mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothersome View Post

Anyway, that's my rant.
To be honest with you, it's a good rant. No worries.

Many modders actually do work together, so that their stuff meshes well, and that has minimized these conflicts and problems, which is a good thing!

I agree that there are some things that should be left out of certain mods and left to others instead, because it does sometimes create some nightmares or mod choice issues.

As an example of modders working together, there is a file - zone.cfg - in FX_Update that is used in OHII as well, but the OHII team have set up zone.cfg so that it contains everything from FX_Update, allowing that one to be safely overwritten. (Trevally, I hope I explained that correctly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quink99 View Post
Reinstall? Do you mean all of SH 5 or just OH II? (He said with fingers crossed for good luck.)
I'm not sure what Trevally is going to suggest, but if it's a full reinstall, it actually doesn't take that long. I've done it a few times over the last week or so, and it went by quickly. Don't forget to disable all your mods first before deinstalling.

Cheers!