View Single Post
Old 03-13-12, 06:17 AM   #815
Bothersome
Planesman

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0

I've got a somewhat stable campaign going now. But it is not with OH-II.

I don't think now that my problem was with OH-II but perhaps some mod jugling as mentioned before. But with OH-II I was not able to remove mods at sea so that I could sail back to home port to continue the game.

A simular thing happened to my stock campaign but I was able to isolate the problem to a beta version of that new user interface coming out. After I removed it, even at sea (close to Dover) the game continued on with no other ill effects. But I had to use the stock interface. Once I got in to home port I put on TDW's 6.9.0 UI. Seems to work OK but still have a few problems but cannot attribute it to his interface mod. Because I'm running a mix of mods that are not neccarily compatible.

Look and see...

Remove Electric Torpedo Wakes
sobers see thru wake fix
Real Environment - Revision_3
FX_Update_0_0_19_ByTheDarkWraith
Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (realistic version) V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 Sounds V2.1
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_No_Snorkel_Exhaust_Smoke
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith
Depth_Keeping_Problem_HB_2_0_0_TheDarkWraith
Manos Scopes-patch for 16x9

The conflicts come from FX_Update overwriting stuff from RealEnv (needed the ship damage model so they would sink eventually). Then Dynamic Env overwrite more stuff from RealEnv and FX and that cause even more instability. Or it's a guess that it does. I need the Dynamic Env to fix the crappy weather in the game. I need RealEnv to fix the moon and sky and clouds.

What it comes down to, is that the mod makers wont work together and do a part of the game really well and leave the other parts to those that know how to do those parts. WHY on earth would the FX-Update have to have float/sinking parameters in it? Can't we just have the small single mods that we can mix? One mod to fix the sinking, another mod to fix the sky, another mod to fix the crazy weather, another to fix the interface, but each mod not screw with other mod's files? When we put on an interface mod, we don't need a color/sky fix with it. (not saying that it has but that's the idea). Quit bundling all these fixes into one mod that just causes problems with other mods. Once we get all the small mods that we like someone or a team can put together all the best mods that work together and call it a super mod. That one super mod would be all that you should install and nothing else. Or if you do add on other stuff (for example a faster dive mod) then the new mod would only effect that parameter that you wanted to change. The dive mod should not contain anything else other than what's needed to make the sub dive faster.

Anyway, that's my rant.

So far on my above mod soup. Things crash occasionally when the ships are on fire and taking a slow damage to sink. Most times it works ok. Others it crashes to desktop. But in each crash I was able to just load the latest autosave and continue the fight. However, I noticed damaged ships, get a full refit after a load. At least the weather loaded back what it was at time of save. But I haven't had to do a restart at base or load an earlier save to get moving again.

Anyway that's the way the ball bounces, later.
Bothersome is offline   Reply With Quote