View Single Post
Old 03-09-12, 09:39 PM   #7
PappyCain
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Grandkids ... I have to tell you this story because it still makes me laugh!

The companies I consult provide me cell phones. I just get this whiz bang cell phone from a client with a bazillion useless features (to me).

I just want to be able to answer an important business call as it is global business.

So we take a boat trip in the harbor with 8 of us and a kid who was all of ten. He grabs my cell phone and I see him fooling with it and I panic.

He says no problem and continues hitting buttons and I am freaking out on the ocean like never before but maintaining my cool for my guests. OMG he screwing up my phone!!! My business!!!

About ten minutes later when we pull into a cove and stop he hands me back the phone and say 'watch!'

He made a movie of our trip, edited it professionally, added a music track. I mean it was excellent.

I am still freaked out with just answering one of these cell phones or trying to make a call. I have each phone's telephone number duct taped to the back because I cannot find the numbers on the display thingy.

Meanwhile a 10 year old kid makes a Hollywood Production on a stinkin cell phone.

No wonder I like SH3, this WW2 technology is about valves, trim, station keeping, navigation, sea state and managing crew and staying alive while executing orders. This I understand. LOL

Downloading ITunes ...
DID, no cheats, no shortcuts, no non-historic equipment deviations. Boat and crew safety is integral with my immersion style! Follow the historic events during your patrol: http://www.uboat.net/today.html
PappyCain is offline   Reply With Quote