View Single Post
Old 02-10-12, 01:08 PM   #1064
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
Just unclick the texture pack esp in the data files menu of the skyrim launcher and bam your high res textures are off.
Well after looking online it seems that's the answer but I could swear I checked in there and didn't see it. Maybe I got it confused with one of my other mods. Or maybe it didn't install properly altho that would make me wonder why I suddenly started having graphics glitches and the UPS going off.

Saw something today too about reports that the hi res pack was buggy and some of the new textures weren't being loaded properly by the game leading to some problems.

There was an update to my graphics drivers from ATI/AMD, but the DLC page said to make sure your drivers were up to date before downloading so I let the driver update go ahead and install first. Even though in the past updating drivers "just because" has generally turned out to be a bad idea.

Thanks though I will look into it again when I get home. The thing with the UPS still could just have been the unit itself, unless the game overloaded something and that threw it into a prolonged self-test mode. Well, I need to buy a second one anyway so maybe I will just pick up one that is a little more hardcore for the PC and use the current one (provided it still works okay) for other components.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote