View Single Post
Old 01-30-12, 12:14 PM   #3711
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Renegade View Post
Found the solution! I KNEW I'd seen it somewhere and I was checking the manual like you, but then I remembered it was more of a changelog that I saw it in, and SO I found it in the Documentation folder. ANYwho, here it is straight from Ducimus himself!

3. Added conning tower flag to all fleet type submarines. (Models by Privateer) By default, the US flag is displayed from a flag staff on the aft end of the conning tower for all fleet type submarines, in all conning tower configurations. (early war, mid war, late war). The addition of the conning tower flag was done to allow you some options via editing the submarines cfg file. For example, the file you want to edit for the Gato is: Data\Submarine\NSS_Gato\NSS_Gato.eqp

--If you don't want a flag at all, simply comment out the first entry for [Equipment 19] by inserting a semicolon ( ; ) before each line.

------

Hope this helps!

This.

Thank you renegade.

As an aside, i'm well aware Fleet boats didnt fly any sort of flag or ensign while on patrol. I put the flags in, because I thought they'd make a cool addition, and give you an additional way to personalize your submarine.

I wouldn't have put them in, without any means of the end user being able to change them or removing them entirely. They are enabled by default, because it's my guess the majority of the end users would end up using them anyway. It's a subsim community thing. If you look at both Sh3 and SH5, their both eager to fly a flag even though (to the best of my knowledge) Uboats also didnt fly any flag while on patrol. I see no reason why Sh4 can't engage in the same frivolities.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote