View Single Post
Old 01-23-12, 02:28 PM   #3689
kstanb
Sparky

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 0

First of all, I want to thank the Ducimus/ modders for an amazing work; I think this mod is great

Some comments based on my experiences so far:

- the difficult level is just perfect for my play style, it is not as easy as other main mods, but not as hard as the previous TMO

- Ports are not well defended.. yesteday I went to the Truk lagoon, and sunk 3 big merchants... then got out easy... so recharged torpedoes and went back again... 2 more merchs destroyed... which is more than 20K tons... It might be a good idea to increase defenses or add more mines

- Somehow, damage repairs have been done in seconds... I don't know if it has to do with the special "repair" ability of some of my crew members, one time I got 40% hull damage in a gun fight (I was at the deck gun), by the time I went to damage control to check, damage was fully repaired

- Minor issues so far with Mark 14... (so far less than 20% dud rate).. to a point where I am no longer missing the slower Mark10. I have been carefully following instructions to avoid duds... maybe the special "torp" ability is also helping...

- There is only one thing I really miss from another mega mod; sinking mechanics are way to fast for my taste; but I can certainly live live with them

- Airplanes so far have been a non issue, I always crash dive as soon as one is spotted and they have never spotted me underwater

thanks again
kstanb is offline   Reply With Quote