View Single Post
Old 01-18-12, 06:08 PM   #3680
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
Blame the cheaters, but don't think so two dimensionally about fuel. You can travel to your patrol area at ahead standard, and then while there, drop it down to 2/3rds. I tested that myself, it works. You just have to do a few more mental calculations is all. I LOVE cruising at ahead standard and faster then 10 knots. Don't think id give that up so easily.

The problem is the "Min/max'er syndrome" . "OMG 2/3rds is the most efficient, so NOTHING else is viable!!!one111" That simply isn't so. Do you think a real submarine captain would travel at the same speed the entire length of a patrol? Mix it up, you'll be pleasantly surprised if you think about your fuel, and plan ahead.

As for torpedo tubes, no i haven't touched them.
Just seems to burn a lot of a fuel traveling at ahead standard to patrol area as opposed to previous version, I do cruise at 10 knots because am aware they wouldnt travel at 15 knots the entire time in the area . 15 when en route to area.Does the fuel still account for fuel in the ballast tanks?(assume it does since that special ability is disabled still)
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote