View Single Post
Old 01-17-12, 01:57 PM   #371
Galanti
Captain

Downloads: 99
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
Weird that it does full scene though, it's really a transparency AA thing.
From what I understand, there was bug introduced with Nvidia drivers some time ago that actually became a feature, and was therefore never rectified. What happens is that the driver engine now always fails the alpha channel check for every surface, and therefore treats everything in the scene as though it requires transparency antialiasing. So whatever method you designate in the transparency antialiasing dropdown is applied to the entire scene.. I may have some details/terminology wrong, but that is the gist of it. Hopefully, it never gets fixed, and I doubt it will. The image quality maniacs love it too much.

Seriously, give it a whirl. I have SGSSAA running on most of my games, and I'll never go back to anything else. It blows the doors off FXAA, MSAA and SSAA.

It's especially effective in Unreal engine games, where there is an arseload of evident shader aliasing that no other method will address. That jaggy text you see on bulkheads on the Normandy in Mass Effect, for example, is completely smoothed out by SGSSAA.
Galanti is offline   Reply With Quote