View Single Post
Old 01-14-12, 10:03 PM   #72
SkipperWally
Nub

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default My first post to this forum. SH3 fan.

Hello all.
My first post to Subsim forums although I have been a member since August 2009.

I am British male 53 years old. I have been playing subsim games since 1987 when I got my first copy of Silent Hunter for an old AMSTRAD 6128 home computer (which is STILL working as a solid but basic typewriter for my dad).
Over the years I have upgraded machines but have stuck with subsim games. I'm now running Silent Hunter 3 on a SEMPRON 1.25GB, 256MB ATI graphics card and 300GB HDD, Windows XP Pro machine. Absolutely fine for my needs.

I am here because I am going to attempt some MODS for the first time for SH3.
I must admit to suffering some confusion as to which MODS are needed and the order in which to apply them. I am sure I am not alone as there are now so many MODS from a vast supply of moders. I will take my time reading through the forums to find what works for me. I appreciate the fact that no single guru can probably put together a truly authorative list of what MOD to apply and in what order. Time for me to have a play and see what happens.

I will keep a good set of records and notes of my trials and errors and I may return to the forums and post my findings. No guarantee.

Many thanks to all who have posted before me.
SkipperWally is offline   Reply With Quote