View Single Post
Old 01-14-12, 08:03 AM   #1
Danelov
Gunner

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0
Default Silent Hunter I sound settings

Hi: My Silent Hunter I work quite good via D-Fend Reloaded. Only problem , I have sound only at the intro screens, or with the submarine sinking screen. To have the sound I have try to installed the VDM 2.0.4 following the procedure by Don V.Wells http://www.subsowespac.org/sh_xp/silent_hunterxp.shtml

All ok to this point, then the come this famous "Fix" and the problems:

Create and install a registry fix for VDMSound v2.0.4 update1
"Use NOTEPAD to create the file "HKCU_Software_Freeware_VDMSound_Fix.reg" in the sub-directory "C:\UTILS". This file may be created by a cut-and-paste of the six text lines delimited below:
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freeware\VDMSound]
"NextTip"=dword:00000000
"TipsFile"="C:\\Program Files\\VDMSound\\VDMSound.tips"
"ShowTips"=dword:00000000

Save the file "HKCU_Software_Freeware_VDMSound_Fix.reg".
Merge the Registry fix by 'double-clicking' the "HKCU_Software_Freeware_VDMSound_Fix" in the Windows XP Explorer.

Here I am loss and dont unterstand what that mean the author.
I have undestand , to create a new text pad document called " HKCU_Software_Freeware_VDMSound_Fix.reg" and inside must be:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freeware\VDMSound]
"NextTip"=dword:00000000
"TipsFile"="C:\\Program Files\\VDMSound\\VDMSound.tips"
"ShowTips"=dword:00000000

OK, fine but, what that mean "Merge the Registry fix by 'double-clicking' the "HKCU_Software_Freeware_VDMSound_Fix" in the Windows XP Explorer"? Merge with what or where?, double click , that open the doc but nothing more. Must go to Windows XP(SP3)folder and insert or added this text somewhere inside of other document?

Thanks for the help
Danelov is offline   Reply With Quote